Komfort Glass™ — – is glass with special current-carrying coating, which functions as a heating element. Hard low-emissive coating has the same light transmission features as ordinary glass and also is very energy-efficient. The glass goes through a required procedure of becoming heat resistant and/ or lamination; thus making it safe for application in any window systems. In order to provide electrical safety, current-carrying coating is always placed inside the multiple glass pane or triplex. With the help of integrated sensors, a special electronic system controls the integrity and temperature of the product.
The undeniable advantages of the unique technology developed by our experts at Shtiever LLC are:
• the absolute transparency of products, absence of any visible heating coils, etc – this feature significantly improves the view in comparison with other technologies;
• the glass is heated regularly, in the entire area; this speeds up the heating and excludes the appearance of optically non- transparent zones – this feature has a positive effect on the safety of operation of vehicles and helps to reduce the power consumption;
• due to low-emissive coating, heat radiation does not go outside; less heat is consumed, and less energy is needed – thus, the total level of greenhouse gases released into the atmosphere is significantly reduced;
• it provides excellent insulation against loss of heat and yet maximum usage of sun light (solar energy, which comes through the windows). This means you need heating for a shorter period to provide a comfortable environment — and so, your expenses for heating are lower. Thereby, both you and the environment are the gainers;
• high power rate (the quantity of electric power for unit of area, for example, per square meter) – up to 3000 watts for square meter and more, that is particularly important for application to vehicles, because fast heating is very important for traffic safety. The ability to struggle against fogging and ice crusts fast effectively improves safety and saves time and energy, and also affects drivers positively and as the result productivity and work conditions are improved;
• the opportunity to combine with Smart Glass adds the function of an electronic curtain; it helps to block the hazardous ultraviolet radiation more than by 99% and, if it is necessary, helps to create an optically non-transparent barrier to protect the personnel or valuables;
• no hazardous chemicals or materials that pollute the atmosphere are used. In contrast to other manufacturers, we do not use silver paste, which contains dissolvent harmful to our environment.
Komfort Glass™ is generally used as the material for different outside glazing structures, such as:
• Vehicles of different kinds of application
• Winter gardens and greenhouses
• Crossings and so on.
When you use Komfort Glass™ as an additional heating system you do not have to install massive window-sill radiators, and there is an atmosphere of comfort in the room because the glass surface emits heat and the “cold window” effect disappears.
Komfort Glass™ can be also used as a major source of heat; thus you do not have to install expensive heating systems and can use the room space more effectively.
Due to special coating the glass blocks the outside ultraviolet radiation and protects the interior items from fading and damage. In subzero weather the glass reduces heat losses significantly, reflecting the heat energy of heat units and making heating expenses lower. In summer, the opposite effect is observed, as heat from outside does not get inside as much.
When you use Komfort Glass™ in clerestories, greenhouses and winter gardens you do not have to free the hard-to-reach surfaces from snow and ice crusts; the temperature conditions of rooms are improved, the outside light flux is increased.
The power consumed by products depends on the type of use. Power of about 50-100 watt for 1 square meter of the window is generally enough for maintenance of comfort temperature in the room and for maintenance of glass surface temperature at the rate from +20 degrees to +30 degrees. When Komfort Glass is used as the only resource of heat it is necessary to maintain the glass surface temperature at the rate from +30 degrees to -45 degrees and provide the power of 100 to 300 watt for 1 square meter of the window.
Structurally the Komfort Glass™ can be used as the part of multiple glass pane or triplex of any configuration, protective class and also in combination with Smart Glass panels Privacy™ Glass. Any kind of window, facade and roof systems of leading manufacturers, such as “Schuco”, “Fakro”, “Roto”, “Oxidal” etc, can be used for mounting.
Learn more about Komfort Glass™ technology.